Thursday, April 11, 2013

Waiting.

Waiting for the sun.
Waiting is an every day part of our lives. The reason I have time to write my first blog post is because I'm waiting for my rice to cool so I can make sushi. Apparently all kinds of good things come to people who wait, sushi included. Personally I dislike waiting. Patience is my most unavoidable downfall, always has been. As a child I remember the idea of waiting an hour quite specifically. I was once told I had to wait an hour before I could call my dearest friend, whom I obviously had something very important to tell. It was on one of those exciting occasions when new kittens had been discovered in the barn, which can't possibly be as exciting until your best friend knows about it. They say necessity is the mother of invention; I think it's boredom. I must have invented four new make-believe worlds by the time that hour was up, which made for an even more lively conversation than my friend and I might have had before. At any rate, waiting continues to be my 'mother of invention,' and I continue to invent ways to make the waiting feel less lengthy. There. My blog has writing on it. 
Webster's New American Dictionary.
Oh, and if you should wonder why my blog is named Radiance, it has to do with a particular book written in the 30s by G. Allison Phelps, a book contemplating life in general. And that's what I plan to do with my blog: contemplate life. So excuse my future posts as I can assure you very few of them will be related to one another, and promise to range from the depths of 
seriousness to the heights of lightheartedness. Also, Radiance is a beautiful word with beautiful meaning-->  

G. Allison Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment